Akamai Technologies, Inc Platform Operations Engineer in Bangalore, India
Platform Operations Engineer
Jan 12, 2019 Post Date
014744 Requisition #
About the Job
This is an opportunity to work in a large scale, global network operations department. Working directly with Akamai’s product you are involved in every facet of Akamai’s network operations and get to contribute to Akamai’s success while being part of a very important team.
About the Team
The Akamai Network Operations Command Center ( NOCC ) team you will be joining is responsible for the availability of Akamai’s deployed network. To achieve this goal the NOCC is responsible for:
● Monitoring, managing and maintaining Akamai’s deployed network.
● Investigating service interruptions and determining the root cause.
● Resolving service interruptions either within the NOCC or by escalating to other entities inside or outside of Akamai.
● Managing and tracking events through resolution and maintaining a history of network-impacting issues.
● Providing ongoing maintenance and administration for the deployed network.
● Monitoring 240,000 distributed Linux server network using an internally developed ‘Network management system’.
● Responding to alerts in timely fashion as per the pre-defined priority levels and SLAs.
● Understanding, analyzing the root cause of an alert and solving it.
● Timely escalation of complex issues to ‘SMEs’.
● Working closely with Network partners and resolving non-hardware related problems.
● Create and update internal NOC processes and procedures for better understanding and problem solving.
● Analyze and report on trends regarding issues related to various networks.
● Willingness to work on flexible timings including night shift.
● Linux/UNIX skills
● Technical analysis and troubleshooting skills
● Excellent communication skills, with experience in explaining complex technical content
● Technically creative, able to learn, and a strong troubleshooter
● Highly self-motivated, self-disciplined, and able to work independently
● Technical Diploma or Bachelor's degree from a reputed board/university with excellent track record.
● More than two years experience in Linux and networking, preferably in a NOC environment with excellent problem-solving skills.
● Working knowledge of Internet protocols and tools including BGP, TCP/IP and DNS.
● Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Must have the ability to speak to multiple people at varying levels within an organization and of varying technical backgrounds.
● Strong interpersonal skills.
● Ability to develop, augment and advise on procedures, documentation and tools.
● Coordination and scheduling skills; goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through roadblocks, motivate external concerns and bring about issue closure.
● Candidate must have the ability to work in an energetic and dynamic environment, with openness to the demands and rewards of a 24x7 workplace.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.