Akamai Technologies, Inc Security Operations Technician II - Weekend + US shifts in Bangalore, India
Security Operations Technician II - Weekend + US shifts
5 days ago Post Date
013854 Requisition #
About the Team
Join Akamai and you join a culture that's extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions! Akamai Global Security Operations Center (SOC) is responsible for Security Services on an Enterprise level. Each shift is a team-oriented cross-functional unit responsible for the detection and mitigation of Cyber attacks. Regular training, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement are important elements of the SOC. We protect our customers against the growing threat of cyber attacks and cyber terrorism. Akamai’s SOC contains the brightest individuals in the Security industry and the top DDoS mitigators in the world. We are THE world leader in DDoS mitigation and moving Faster Forward into the broad world of security.
About the Job
The Security Operations Center Technician II is focused on customer service. The Technician II provides first response to all network and attack related events in the Security Operations Center.
This is an excellent position for somebody interested in exercising their service delivery experience. The ideal Technician will demonstrate a willingness to learn all Akamai products and a desire to develop their skills delivering quality support to our customers. The role will reside in an environment that is fast paced with constant involvement in critical attack fighting. The Security Operations Center is the “frontline” defense for our clients.
● Monitor Central Alert System
● Monitor proprietary graphing system
● Follow workflow procedures of operations center in large global environment
● Respond to and internally route trouble tickets via support queues
● First line outbound customer communication for alerting and event response
● First line response for inbound call handling
● Fist line communicator with SOC on active alerts
● Follow established workflow procedures to troubleshoot network alerts
● Follow established workflow procedures to troubleshoot non-managed security events
● Minimum of 1 year experience in a customer support, help desk or call center role
● Minimum of 1 industry related certification or 1 years of work experience in an IT role
● Minimum of 1 year demonstrated interpersonal communications skills
● Must be ready to come to a place where you are free to innovate, collaborate and shape how the world lives, works and plays
● Having a desire to stop evil in its tracks a plus
● Should be highly analytical and have the ability to quickly identify, replicate & resolve customer reported issues
● Basic knowledge of various security packages, DoS & DDoS attack types & an awareness of the white hat/black hat/grey hat communities and tools used by its members is a plus
● Knowledge of Akamai’s DNA
● Must have the desire to think faster and move forward!
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.