Akamai Technologies, Inc Principal User Experience Researcher in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Principal User Experience Researcher
Cambridge, United States
Oct 09, 2018 Post Date
013632 Requisition #
About the Team
Akamai’s User Experience team designs our customers’ end-to-end experience—including how they buy and try Akamai and how they interact with our application “Control Center.” The Control Center provides our customers, channel partners, and internal staff visibility and control over Akamai’s network and services. Through the Control Center our customers get a global picture of how the Akamai system and the Internet are behaving, and can fine-tune the behavior of their web properties, access information about Akamai’s Internet services and interact with Akamai’s support team.
We’re looking for a Principal User Researcher in either Cambridge, MA or Santa Clara, CA to partner with designers, writers, product managers, engineers, analytics and marketers to create user experiences for Akamai products and to drive user empathy across the Akamai organization. You will also have the unique opportunity to help define and build a new center of excellence for Akamai, as the UX team grows and helps to shift the culture towards a customer focus.
You're perfect for this role if you:
• Are naturally curious about people, work processes and how technology can improve the way people work in an enterprise setting
• Are versatile: plan and execute strategic and tactical research, including field studies, participatory design, concept & usability tests
• Enjoy learning new things within a highly technical domain; to make things simpler, it helps to know what makes them so complex
• Love working as part of a team throughout product development — from strategy to concept development to implementation
• Are a nut for data: draw insights from qualitative and quantitative data and use insights to align teams and inform product design
• Have proven experience in design thinking and co-design methods
• Design and conduct a variety of research methodologies, including strategic exploration, competitive research, field studies, participatory design, and usability testing
• Synthesize findings and insights from customer & market research to influence and drive product decisions
• Develop and evangelize a strong POV of Akamai customers and needs
• Create and drive internal research processes, methodologies, and approaches
• Collaborate with the user experience team, product managers, and engineers to ensure that findings and insights are actionable
• Collaborate with Akamai’s Customer Experience team to answer complex research questions
• Promote and evangelize user-centered design at Akamai
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
10 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree HCI, human factors or its equivalent or
8 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree HCI, human factors or
10+ years of experience working in UX/UI Design.
8+ years of experience helping advance current UX/UI design best practices.
7+ years planning and executing user research for software, web, or mobile experiences
Demonstrated portfolio of work.
Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; ability to organize and present information on screen and verbally with a team.
Experience with enterprise software preferred
Deep experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
Top-notch communication, including excellent writing, storytelling, and presentation skills
Analytics and/or data visualization experience a plus
Sense of humor and whimsy a definite plus!
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.