Akamai Technologies, Inc Senior Security Researcher in Herzliya, Israel
Senior Security Researcher
Dec 03, 2018 Post Date
015028 Requisition #
About the Team:
Akamai's Threat Research team is at the core of Akamai's Web Security business unit, which provides cloud based application layer protections for the largest organizations in the world. The team is responsible for researching and designing security controls for products such as - Akamai Kona Site Defender (WAF), Client Reputation and Bot Manager.
Our research is based on Akamai's unparalleled visibility into as much as 30% of all Internet traffic - more than 2 trillion web hits per day!, which are accessible to us, through Akamai's Cloud Security Intelligence (CSI) big data platform.
About the Job:
The Security Researcher will be a team member of Akamai’s Threat Research Team, whose focus will be tracking and analyzing new trends in the web security field - web application layer attacks, automated tools and bots, actor intelligence, etc.
• Develop deterministic and behavioral approaches to detect indicators of compromise, attacks, campaigns or fraud in immense datasets
• Gather and analyze data to provide strong intelligence and uncover emerging threat trends
• Provide research support to Akamai’s cloud security products – WAF, Bot Manager and Client Reputation - optimizing existing detections to reduce false negatives and false positives.
• Take part in exploratory research within the web security and fraud domain
• Writing blogs, publications and presenting in security conferences
• 3+ years of experience as a web security researcher
• BA in CS or similar field, or equivalent experience
• Committed to excellence, highly self-motivated, curios and innovative
• Strong analytical and numerical skills
• Proficient and experienced working with data analysis and visualization libraries / tools e.g. pandas, tableau, spark, scala
• Written and verbal communication skills in English
• Experience in security related data analysis and reporting
• Knowledge and experience related to web automation frameworks / libraries and tools
• A degree in a numerate discipline such as statistics or mathematics
• Experience with fraud related analysis
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.