Akamai Technologies, Inc Accounting Specilaist in Krakow, Poland
Oct 25, 2018 Post Date
014786 Requisition #
About the Company
We're at the heart of the Internet, handling between 15-30% of the world’s total web traffic, helping the most innovative companies remove the complexities of delivering any experience, to any device, anywhere. Founded in the halls of MIT, Akamai remains dedicated to a youthful optimism of problem solving through intellectual curiosity, collaboration and commitment. And we're growing quickly. If you'd like to work in a culture where hard work and innovative ideas are consistently rewarded, join us and help shape the future of the hyperconnected world.
Akamai has been recognized as one of the top Great Places To Work in Poland by the Great Place to Work® Institute in Poland.
About the Job and Team
We are a growing team of about 25 people responsible for supporting International operations (including America, EMEA and APJ entities) of Akamai. If you would like to be a part of young, diverse team, who enjoys challenges and working with each other and together with us accelerate the internet business and make sure that the finance of Akamai evolves. Join us and become a part of this change.
This is a long term contract (12 months) with the potential to go permanent for the right person .
Reporting to the Global Property Accounting Manager, the Accounting & Reporting Specialist is a critical finance role and will be part of the Global Accounting Team. This successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of the company’s global property accounting, reporting and analysis. He or she will be required to maintain a thorough understanding of the end to end Property Accounting business process, including transaction flow, key systems and sources which impact accounts. The Accountant will play a pivotal role in the implementation of the new US GAAP Lease Accounting Standard at Akamai by working with the team to implement new systems and processes to support the new guidance. He or she will be specifically responsible for:
Supporting implementation of the new Accounting standard for Akamai Group,
Prompt and accurate entry of Property transactions
Month and quarter end close activities, including variance explanations and reconciliations preparation
Ensuring Compliance including U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, Tax and Statutory requirements.
Participating in projects to improve or fix processes and systems
Liaising with external and internal audit teams to provide relevant assistance during audits and inquiries
We are looking for people who …
• Hold a degree in Finance or Finance related major,
• Have a working knowledge and understanding of general ledger accounting,
• Have clear thinking and problem solving skills; are able to quickly grasp new ideas, organize, understand complex information and successfully lead projects and process improvements in a cross functionally environment,
• Demonstrate strong analytical skills and are able to draw clear and relevant conclusions,
• Curious, self-starter who consistently takes the initiative to address questions and build new processes and structures
• Excellent interpersonal skills; can effectively interact with people across multiple levels of the organization and is very comfortable working cross functionally
• Enjoy working in international and a fast changing environment,
• Are independent and well organized in operations,
• Are able to create clear and concise documentation,
• Possess strong Excel skills,
• Speak, write and read English language fluently,
• Have experience with implementation projects (a strong plus),
• Have experience with Oracle or other ERP applications (a strong plus),
• Have an established IFRS/US GAAP knowledge (a strong plus).
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.