Akamai Technologies, Inc Software Engineer in Krakow, Poland
Oct 12, 2018 Post Date
014302 Requisition #
We're seeking talented, adaptable people who love solving problems and can get things done.
Like networks, but don't want to just configure switches and routers all day?
Like programming, but don't want to be a cog in a big software org?
Want to make a difference in hours/days instead of months/years?
Want to be a hero by freeing people from busywork and red tape?
Then this is the job for you.
About the team
We develop, enhance, maintain, and support the users of tools that allow Akamai to deploy and maintain a huge worldwide network with a relatively small team of people. These tools help:
• Automate manual and mundane processes.
• Report on process and quality metrics.
• Forecasting upcoming capacity needs.
• Network deployment project creation and management.
• Visualize complex data about the growth of our network and its costs.
Our team is spread across 3 countries: USA, Poland and India.
We use Scrum methodology, coding standards and code review.
• 3+ years writing code in Python (previous exposure to PHP and Perl is a plus).
• 2+ years working with relational database systems and complex SQL statements (mostly MySQL and Oracle).
• Ability to write clean, testable code.
• Ability to build and consume REST web services.
• Experience in a Linux/UNIX environment.
• Good knowledge about version control systems (GIT).
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
Nice to have:
• Experience with building single page applications (HTML5, CSS3, JS, ReactJS).
• Working with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins).
• Knowledge about networking including TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, VLANs and DNS.
• Technical challenges that will help you to grow constantly.
• Flexible working hours.
• Attractive benefits.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.