Akamai Technologies, Inc Tax Analyst in Krakow, Poland
Jan 07, 2019 Post Date
015219 Requisition #
About the Job
If you use the Internet for anything – to check sports scores, book a hotel, track an order, or watch a movie trailer online – you've probably used Akamai's services without even knowing it. Akamai is the leader in powering rich media, dynamic transactions, and enterprise applications online. Akamai has transformed the Internet into a more viable place to inform, entertain, interact, and collaborate for more than 2,000 enterprises. We are currently expanding the tax function in Krakow and are looking for talented and motivated people who would like to be part of our team in our Krakow office and support the team with the preparation of the monthly state, county, and local sales/use and property tax returns, state and local annual reports and business licenses, international VAT, along with the required work papers and any indirect tax inquiries from customers or vendors. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.If you want to broaden your skills and at the same time have real impact on how things are done you are welcomed to apply for this position.
About the Team
The Tax Team is located in US (HQ) and Poland. You will have day to day contact with the Team as well as the International Accounting team located in Poland and US. You will report to the US Tax Manager, who reports to the Vice President of Tax. The tax department reports to the CFO and works directly with the finance group.
The tax analyst is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Create Excel spreadsheets and work papers to support sales/use, property and VAT tax returns.
• Coordinate preparation of tax returns with third party providers.
• Coordinate electronic funds transfers (EFTs) to pay taxes that are due.
• Interact with state officials to resolve notices and/or requests for information.
• Prepare exemption certificates to ensure the company only pays sales tax to the proper jurisdictions. • Gather information needed for tax audits.
• Analyze sales tax accounts and record journal entries when necessary.
• Interact with other Finance associates to resolve tax issues that arise.
• Handle administrative tasks in association with tax return compliance.
• Minimum education required is a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 2 years with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
• Fluent English language
• Motivation to learn and work in a changing environment
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to create clear and concise documentation and workpapers
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects
• Exhibits strong ethical behavior
*Desired Qualifications *
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
• Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
• Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
• Ability to work suitable with various employees in the finance department and other departments within Akamai.
• Perform special projects or duties as required within the tax department
Please add to your CV the statement below:
Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji obecnych jak i przyszłych procesów rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (tekst jednolity: Dz.U.2014r. poz.1182).
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.