Akamai Technologies, Inc Marketing Manager in San Francisco, California
San Francisco, United States
Nov 05, 2018 Post Date
014839 Requisition #
Marketing Manager, Events (Contractor), Developer Marketing
As the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, Akamai makes the Internet fast, reliable and secure for our customers. With the Akamai Technologies Intelligent Platform, we power upwards of a third of the internet’s traffic during peak times. And for developers it means that they have at their disposal a set of tools and resources to supercharge their websites and apps to meet and exceed their customer's demands.
We are looking for an individual to work with our marketing team on events, community, and programs for the Akamai Developer Program in San Francisco, CA. You will work on first and 3rd-party events including planning, sponsorship, and execution. Working closely with the marketing team, you will help establish a presence at trade shows, meetups, Akamai conferences, and hackathons that developers will love and remember. You will leverage web, social, email, and print to reach the right audience and amplify everything we do. You will work closely with other marketers, developer evangelists and technical experts throughout the company to deliver relevant content and messages.
As a member of the Developer Marketing team, the role will:
● Lead coordination and execution of third-party and Akamai hosted events
● Create incentive programs to recognize contributions to the community
● Establish user groups in key cities worldwide
● Handle pre-event strategy and planning, aligned with Akamai Developer objectives
● Engage, lead, and develop relationships with internal resources and subject matter contacts across various internal and external organizations
● Secure all related event logistics including: AV, catering, shipping needs, interpretation and other support services, as needed
● Ensure program quality and consistent experience for attendees
● Actively participate in optimizing attendee experiences to support high quality processes for planning and execution
● Partner with outside vendors and venues, managing contracts, budgets, deliverables, and overall event project schedule
● Collect and present post event feedback and next steps
● Education: BA or equivalent
● 3-5 years experience managing events, community outreach, and/or a webinar programs
● Inventive, self-starter with a sense of urgency and strong work ethic who can operate without a lot of direction
● Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to articulate to executives the program strategy
● Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
● Detail oriented with ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
● Can-do attitude with a love for events and marketing
● Outgoing personality with a knack of picking up new technologies
● Project management experience with a track record of delivering on time and on budget
● Experience working with creative teams and managing project deliverables
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.