Akamai Technologies, Inc Senior Architect in Santa Clara, California
Santa Clara, United States
Dec 04, 2018 Post Date
014969 Requisition #
About the Team
Our team is part of the highly successful Web Security organization which is responsible for design and development of technology that helps customers to protect their web sites and secure the transactions over the web. Our products include Kona Site Defender, Bot Manager, Kona DDoS Defender, Fast DNS, Client Reputation, Siteshield among others. We have a proven record of delivering the best in class security products and experience to Akamai’s customers.
• Provide leadership and participate in design and development of complex, high performance enterprise applications.
• Define enterprise server patterns and advocate consistency across the suite of applications.
• Provide mentorship, coordination and guidance for application developers.
• Perform peer design and code reviews.
• Present and defend architectural, design and technical choices.
• Keep current with technology development within the industry and bring fresh ideas to the table.
• Evangelize and mentor peers on enterprise application development strategies, technologies, techniques, tools and guidelines. Guide the adoption of new technologies.
• Work with team members to aid in setting the direction and development of server side components for high-use complex applications.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
15+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent or
12+ years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree in CS or equivalent
• 15+ years of experience of developing enterprise applications.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical leadership role in a software development team.
• 8+ years experience with micro-services architecture and best practices.
• 8+ years experience with OO (Object-oriented) and architecture design patterns.
• 8+ years experience with Spring framework.
• 5+ years experience with message oriented middleware (JMS, Active MQ).
• 8+ years experience designing and implementing complex commercial hosted and client-server applications and system components.
• 8+ years experience designing, developing and supporting high-volume, highly scalable, mission critical enterprise systems.
• Excellent analytical, design, and prioritization skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Experience with a variety of Java enterprise technologies.
• Ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
• Ability to mentor development team members.
• Desire to learn new technologies and processes.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.