Akamai Technologies, Inc Sr Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps in Santa Clara, California
Sr Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps
Santa Clara, United States
Nov 28, 2018 Post Date
014966 Requisition #
About the Job
This position will offer the opportunity to be part of the highly motivated team that works on software that runs one of the largest distributed systems in the world. You will be an integral part of our aggressive growth strategy for supporting, operationalizing and creating highly innovative solutions for our security products and infrastructure driving unprecedented traffic on the Internet, making it more reliable, secure and faster.
We are looking for highly skilled, self-motivated, exceptional Senior Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps to help us scale our organization and our infrastructure in support of a rapidly growing business. This position will be part of our Platform and Site Reliability Engineering team. The ideal candidate must be comfortable in working with python code bases involving complex threat detection algorithms in an ultra high traffic environment. The candidate should be comfortable reading complex code and troubleshooting it and in providing solutions. In addition, this person will be instrumental in maintaining the stability of the network by improving monitoring processes and developing tools for it. The candidate must have strong expertise with the various tools available on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The candidate will partner with many other teams inside the company such as the Dev Team, Threat Research, Data Science, Distributed Data Collection, QA, and many other teams.
About the Team
Akamai powers over 85% of the top online retailers and delivers somewhere between 15% to 30% of Internet traffic on any given day. Our team is part of the Security organization which is responsible for design and development of technology that helps customers to protect their web sites and secure the transactions over the web. Our Bot Manager product is designed to provide superior cloud computing security, prevent data theft and downtime and mitigate large account takeover attempts. In addition, this group is building unique technology that can secure the cloud and make it a safe place to do billions of transactions daily and handles petabytes of data every day. Akamai has built a massive global distributed network that can solve problems at a scale that few others can approach. By leveraging our deployment of servers around the world, we can uniquely solve technology problems with innovative solutions that exceed the fundamental limitations of networking.
• Troubleshoot complex production issues in a distributed environment
• Diligently work to improve the quality of solutions delivered to our customers by helping build out our continuous integration (CI) pipeline.
• Work on projects that make our network more stable and faster.
• Participate in on-call rotations, driving restoration and repair of service-impacting issues
• Work with Dev teams to create more robust solutions
• Closely work with Dev teams on code improvement and stability
• Work with our other L3 engineering support teams to troubleshoot complex problems our network for our customers.
• Work with QA teams for reproduction and setup of complex production issues
• Provide patches as and when needed for issues found in production.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
- 5+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in troubleshooting and reading complex code using debuggers
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in SRE, DevOps or similar roles.
• Minimum of years of experience with AWS tools and methodologies.
• 3+ years of development experience in Python
• 3+ years of experience with MySQL and NoSQL databases.
• 3+ years of experience developing RESTful APIs and web frameworks
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision.
• Experience in distributed systems or security products
• Passion to understand, learn, and dissect new technologies quickly on your own.
• Extensive experience working on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Pluses: Security domain knowledge, Web Application Firewall
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatches customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.